Spring is here and there’s no better time to shake off the winter by getting your house in order!
Spring Cleaning Checklist:
- Dusting: Move from top to bottom! Everything from lamp shades, ceiling fans,
corners, baseboards and furniture could all use a dusting after a long winter.
- Vacuuming: Vacuum and shampoo carpets. Get behind furniture and appliances,
under beds, between couch cushions, and ensure any air vents and filters are
clear. Shake out any small throw/area rugs to remove dust and dirt.
- Replacing Batteries: Check and replace batteries for smoke detectors, thermostats
and carbon monoxide detectors throughout your house.
- Windows: Clean and wash all windows, both inside and out. Rinse any window
screens and replace storm window panes.
- Doors and Light Switch Plates: Wipe down and disinfect doors and light switches,
especially in any high traffic areas.
- Bathrooms: Mop and scrub floors and wash floor mats. Clean mirrors and shower
glass, polish faucets and scrub the bathtub and/or shower.
- Basement: Air out, sweep and organize your basement. Find any items you may
no longer want or need and consider donating or selling them.
- Exterior: Powerwash the exterior of your house, make sure all gutters have
been cleared out and touch up painted areas such as window sills and door frames.